The Carl Moyer Grant Program closed March 15, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted. Tentative award letters should be mailed in May 2021. The next open application period will be announced in December 2021.
Forms for Previous Program Participants:Process for ApplicantsList of Salvage YardsSalvage Certification Form
General Information on Carl Moyer Program:
The equipment must operate in Yuba or Sutter County. If the equipment does not operate in Yuba or Sutter County, please go to the appropriate air district's website for information on their program here.
The purpose of the Carl Moyer program is to reduce air pollution emissions by providing grants for the incremental cost of cleaner vehicles and equipment. The program focuses on the replacement of older heavy-duty diesel engines with electric, alternative fuel, or cleaner diesel technology, and does not include projects that are less than 25 horsepower, required by law, or regulated by an air district Permit to Operate, such as stationary diesel-powered electric generators. Private companies, public agencies, and the general public that operate heavy-duty diesel engines in Yuba and Sutter counties may apply for incentive funds. All projects approved for funding must meet the CARB and FRAQMD program guidelines. The curent Carl Moyer Guidelines in effect are the CARB's 2017 Guidelines and can be reviewed and downloaded from the CARB's web site: Guidelines. The District has adopted Policy and Procedures to implement the Carl Moyer Program, available here:Year 23 Policy and Procedures
Year 23 Project Selection:
1. All complete applications as of 5:00 pm on March 15, 2021, shall be assigned a number.
2. The numbers shall be entered into a random number generator by district staff.
3. Applications selected by the random number generator shall be reviewed for eligibility, cost-effectiveness and the amount of funding they are eligible for. Ineligible applications will not be funded.
4. Applications for uncontrolled (Tier 0) baseline engines in Off-Road Equipment Replacement Program shall be submitted to the random number generator before Tier 1 engines. After all uncontrolled (Tier 0) baseline engines have been drawn, Tier 1 baseline engine projects shall enter the random draw.
5. The tentative award letters should be mailed to applicants in May 2021.
Examples of Eligibile Projects:
- Diesel engines/equipment between 25 and 750 horsepower
- Stationary Diesel Agricultural Engines (Tier 1 and Tier 2 diesel engine repowers, conversion to electric motors, limited opportunities for Tier 0)
- Agricultural off-road equipment repower, retrofit, or replacements
- Portable agricultural equipment replacement
- Other (non-Ag) off-road equipment repower, retrofit, or replacement (must submit DOORS documentation showing compliance date)
Please note that Carl Moyer funding cannot pay for compliance with a regulation. In most cases, projects must be completed at least 3 years prior to a compliance deadline. For equipment regulated by the CARB's Off-Road or On-Road Diesel Regulations, the applicant must provide proof to the District that the fleet is in compliance with the regulation. For Stationary agricultural irrigation engine projects, engines must be registered with the District to received funding.
For information on the CARB's Diesel Regulations, please visit their website here.
For information on District Ag Engine Registration Program, please click here.
For more information, please contact Sondra Spaethe, Planning and Engineering Supervisor at (530) 634-7659 ext 210, or by email at email@example.com.