Please take notice that the Feather River Air Quality Management District will have applications available for the Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program beginning on January 13, 2023. The District estimates that it will have approximately $460,000 for eligible projects operating in Yuba and Sutter Counties. Completed applications should be delivered in person or by mail to the District office at 541 Washington Avenue, Yuba City, CA 95991. Applications will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Monday March 13, 2023. Completed applications may also be placed in the mail slot at the District office or mailed to 541 Washington Avenue, Yuba City, CA 95991.
Eligible projects include off-road equipment repower or replacement, and stationary/portable agricultural irrigation engine repowers. Only one application is accepted per year.
Carl Moyer Year 25 Applications Documents
Printable Applications:Application for Ag Pump Repower and ElectrifyApplication for Off-Road Repower and RetrofitApplication for Off-Road Equipment ReplacementOff-Road Equipment Replacement New Equipment Supplemental HP Increase Form
Fillable Applications:Application for Ag Pump Repower and ElectrifyApplication for Off-Road Repower and RetrofitApplication for Off-Road Equipment ReplacementOff-Road Equipment Replacement New Equipment Supplemental HP Increase Form
Public Workshop Information:
For more information, please attend the public workshop on Friday February 10, 2023, at 2:00 pm. The public workshop will be held virtually using Zoom and will also be assessable by telephone. In addition, the District will hold drop-in virtual or telephone meetings to assist interested applicants. Below is the Zoom Meeting information for the public workshop:
Topic: Carl Moyer Year 25/FARMER Year 5 Public Workshop
Time: Feb 10, 2023 02:00 PM US/Pacific
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 822 4848 8871
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,82248488871#,,,,*968180# US (San Jose)
Public Workshop Presentation:
A copy of the presentation and a recording of the public workshop will be posted after February 10, 2023.
Drop In Hours
A schedule of the drop-in meetings will be posted to the program website Feb 1, 2023.
General Information on Carl Moyer Program:
The equipment must operate in Yuba or Sutter County. If the equipment does not operate in Yuba or Sutter County, please go to the appropriate air district's website for information on their program here.
The purpose of the Carl Moyer program is to reduce air pollution emissions by providing grants for the incremental cost of cleaner vehicles and equipment. The program focuses on the replacement of older heavy-duty diesel engines with electric, alternative fuel, or cleaner diesel technology, and does not include projects that are less than 25 horsepower, required by law, or regulated by an air district Permit to Operate, such as stationary diesel-powered electric generators. Private companies, public agencies, and the general public that operate heavy-duty diesel engines in Yuba and Sutter counties may apply for incentive funds. All projects approved for funding must meet the CARB and FRAQMD program guidelines. The curent Carl Moyer Guidelines in effect are the CARB's 2017 Guidelines and can be reviewed and downloaded from the CARB's web site: Guidelines. The District has adopted Policy and Procedures to implement the Carl Moyer Program, available here:Carl Moyer Year 25 Policy and Procedures
Year 25 Project Selection:
1. All complete applications as of 5:00 pm on March 13, 2023, shall be assigned a number.
2. The numbers shall be entered into a random number generator by district staff.
3. Applications selected by the random number generator shall be reviewed for eligibility, cost-effectiveness and the amount of funding they are eligible for. Ineligible applications will not be funded.
4. Applications for uncontrolled (Tier 0) baseline engines in Off-Road Equipment Replacement Program shall be submitted to the random number generator before Tier 1 engines. After all uncontrolled (Tier 0) baseline engines have been drawn, Tier 1 baseline engine projects shall enter the random draw.
5. The tentative award letters should be mailed to applicants in May 2023.
Examples of Eligibile Projects:
- Diesel engines/equipment between 25 and 750 horsepower
- Stationary Diesel Agricultural Engines (Tier 1 and Tier 2 diesel engine repowers, conversion to electric motors, limited opportunities for Tier 0)
- Agricultural off-road equipment repower, retrofit, or replacements
- Portable agricultural equipment replacement
- Other (non-Ag) off-road equipment repower, retrofit, or replacement (must submit DOORS documentation showing compliance date)
Please note that Carl Moyer funding cannot pay for compliance with a regulation. In most cases, projects must be completed at least 3 years prior to a compliance deadline. For equipment regulated by the CARB's Off-Road or On-Road Diesel Regulations, the applicant must provide proof to the District that the fleet is in compliance with the regulation. For Stationary agricultural irrigation engine projects, engines must be registered with the District to received funding.
Forms for Program Participants:List of Salvage YardsProcess for ApplicantsSalvage Certification Form
For information on the CARB's Diesel Regulations, please visit their website here.
For information on District Ag Engine Registration Program, please click here.
For more information, please contact Peter Angelonides, Planner I at (530) 634-7659 ext 209, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.