The FRAQMD is posting information on grants offered by other agencies as a service to the residents of Yuba and Sutter counties. If you have questions regarding these grants please contact the applicable agencies, not FRAQMD staff.
The Sacramento Metropoliton Air Quality Management District is accepting applications until June 30, 2017, for Heavy Duty Trucks and Transport Refrigeration Units. They will host a workshop on April 26 from 3:00 to 5:00 at the SMAQMD office in Sacramento. For more information contact Kristian Damkier at (916) 874-4892.
The pilot project seeks to accelerate the turnover of California school bus fleets to lower carbon transportation choices, especially in rural school district. Eligible project types include:
- Fleet expansion for zero-emission school buses
- Bus replacement for conventional fuel buses with a hyrbid or internal combustion engine. The projects will require the use of renewable fuel types
Visit the website above or contact (707) 443-3093 with questions. Applications are accepted March 1 to March 30, 2017.
The California Natural Resources Agency is accepting applications until May 1st, 2017, for projects that:
- Sequester and store carbon by planting trees
- Reduce building energy use by planting trees to shade buildings
- Reduce commute vehicle miles by constructing bicycle paths, bicycle lanes, or pedestrian facilities that provide safe routes for travel between residences, workplaces, commercial centers, and schools.
Approximately $7 million is available in rebates to public school bus fleet owners for the replacement or retrofit of older school buses. Offered by the US EPA. Applications due November 1, 2016.
The California Air Resources Board (ARB), in partnership with CALSTART, launched the Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (HVIP) in 2009 to accelerate the purchase of cleaner, more efficient trucks and buses in California. HVIP provides incentives for zero-emission and hybrid trucks and buses and low NOx natural gas engines.