General Information on Carl Moyer Program:
The Application period closed Friday, March 10, 2017. Tentative awards letters will be mailed by end of April 2017.
The next Application period will begin in December 2017.
You must operate the equipment in Yuba or Sutter County. If the equipment does not operate in Yuba or Sutter County, please go to the appropriate District's website for information on their program here.
The purpose of the Carl Moyer program is to reduce air pollution emissions by providing grants for the incremental cost of cleaner vehicles and equipment. The program focuses on the replacement of older heavy-duty diesel engines with electric, alternative fuel, or cleaner diesel technology, and does not include projects that are less than 25 horsepower, required by law, or regulated by an air district Permit to Operate, such as stationary diesel-powered electric generators. Private companies, public agencies, and the general public that operate heavy-duty diesel engines in Yuba and Sutter counties may apply for incentive funds. All projects approved for funding must meet the CARB and FRAQMD program guidelines. The curent Carl Moyer Guidelines in effect are the CARB's 2011 Guidelines and can be reviewed and downloaded from the CARB's web site:2011 Guidelines. The FRAQMD's Policy and Procedures Manual for the Carl Moyer Program are available here:Policy and Procedures Year 19 Carl Moyer.pdfFAQ's Year 19.pdf
The FRAQMD will be accepting applications for Year 19 of the Carl Moyer Program until 5:00 pm on March 10, 2017. All applications and supporting documentation must be received by March 10 in order to be considered for funding. Projects shall be selected by a random draw, as described below and in the Policy and Procedures Manual.
The FRAQMD will have approximately $350,000 available for Year 19 of the Program (please note that Year 19 refers to the nineteeth year of the Program, not 2019).
Applications:Off-Road Equipment Replacement ApplicationOff-Road Repower/Retrofit ApplicationAgricultural Portable and Stationary Sources Application
Please refer to the above applications for information on what type of equipment is eligible for each category, the maximum funding levels, and the maximum term of the contract (project life).
For other project types please contact the District.
1. All complete applications as of 5:00 pm on March 10, 2017, shall be assigned a number.
2. The numbers shall be entered into a random number generator by district staff.
3. Applications selected by the random number generator shall be reviewed for eligibility, cost-effectiveness and the amount of funding they are eligible for. Ineligible applications will not be funded.
4. Applications for final tier 4 engines shall be submitted to the random number generator first. After all final tier 4 engines have been drawn, interim tier 4 engines shall enter the random draw.
5. The random draw shall occur in March and tentative award letters shall be mailed to applicants in April 2017.
Examples of Eligibile Projects:
- Diesel engines/equipment between 25 and 750 horsepower
- Stationary Diesel Agricultural Engines (tier I/II diesel engine repowers, conversion to electric motors, limited opportunities for uncontrolled)
- Off-Road Agricultural Equipment repower, retrofit, or replacements (for replacements the old equipment must have a tier 0 engine, typically 1996 and older)
- Other Off-Road Equipment repower, retrofit, or replacement (must submit DOORS documentation showing compliance date)
Please note that Carl Moyer funding cannot pay for compliance with a regulation. In most cases, projects must be completed at least 3 years prior to a compliance deadline. For equipment regulated by the CARB's Off-Road or On-Road Diesel Regulations, the applicant must provide proof to the District that the fleet is in compliance with the regulation. For Stationary Ag Irrigation engine projects, engines must be registered with the District to received funding.
For information on the CARB's Diesel Regulations, please visit their website here.
For information on District Ag Engine Registration Program, please click here.
Other Documents for Participants of Carl Moyer Program:Off-Road Equipment Participating Salvage YardsOff-Road Equipment Salvage Certification FormStep By Step Process For Carl Moyer Program Applicants
For more information, please contact Sondra Andersson Spaethe, Air Quality Planner II, at (530) 634-7659 ext 210, or by email at (redacted)